S'pore Honda Civic Type-R Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S'pore Honda Civic Type-R Club

A home dedicated to all Civic Type R owners.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

suggestion needed!

Go down 
+9
*BC*
strudel
crusnik
icebear
P.O.W.E.R
@cery
IceZone
eiji
lmc78
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lmc78

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2007-12-09

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:20 pm

peeps
since this forum belongs to all of us, i need u guys suggestions,
The mod team is thinking of changing from this forum to another forum that allows us more flexibility etc, adverts, thus attracting more revenue for bigger things like DnD, T-shirts, decals and the works
however one thing is that we are unable to transfer info from this forum to the new one, hence needing everyone to re-registered and all the infor in here will be gone....
so shall we migrate or remain?
pls give ur views, constructive one hor and strictly no TCSS here
Back to top Go down
eiji

eiji

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-11

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:31 pm

i am for migrating, and for mods wise, i think we should dedicate a few general admins/mods and some specific mods for specific folders.

For example, Aerlesea can take care of all the events, photos, etc
eeee78 or power can take care of the leisure chat, tcss, etc
LMC can take care of the modifications,etc
Ahbao nominated to take care of the advertisers, GB and sales folders

and we can have more mods or less not impt.

the posts here, we can transfer the impt ones and put them in folders for information and cut all the TCSS chat. i got a few ideas for forums, being a mod doesn't really interest me, but i will do it if help is needed, a bit tired of moderating aleady for too many past forums, so for car forums.

revenue wise...i would advise having a commitee,no need to be forum moderators, but a noimated/volunteer commitee like integra.sg to handle events,club merchandise and funds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:51 pm

The format of IntegraSG is the aim that we are targetting but with our own twist
Once we are able to migrate smoothly, we will be re-org the mod team with committee, with a treasurer and an bank account and changing the members of the committee yearly to let everyone that's interested to have a feel of things and source out those that have talents, but the core members will remain

just a brief preview of the new forum:
1) inactive members (3 mths) will be removed
2) Advertising panel in the main page
5) www.ctr.sg
Back to top Go down
IceZone

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-12-12

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:07 am

n eiji can take care of policing Razz

i think can set up the new forum first while leaving the old one around for awhile, sort of like do a slow migration instead of one shot setting up the new one n shutting down the old one straightaway...
Back to top Go down
@cery

@cery

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-12-10

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:28 am

I am with the idea of migrating....

And i also second the idea of different committe members with mods remaining, have seen many a forum lose direction once mods leave the list....

However, maybe we can play with the idea of expanding the mods gradually, to ensure some sort of continuity.....
Back to top Go down
P.O.W.E.R

P.O.W.E.R

Number of posts : 1909

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 1:00 pm

Paisay, Nooby question - what is the meaning of more flexibility etc, adverts, thus attracting more revenue for bigger things like DnD, T-shirts, decals and the works?

Can't this be achieved within this website?
Back to top Go down
http://www.oneshift.com/carprofile/viewprofile.php?p=8538
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 1:31 pm

this site is unable to support the format that we are looking at
for a clearer idea of what i meant,
take a look at this
www.rav4expedition.com
we are looking at collecting $200-$300 a yr per advertiser
this is just a ruff gauge
Back to top Go down
P.O.W.E.R

P.O.W.E.R

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 5:36 pm

WOW! Cool link! Im in favour of migrating now! cheers
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:27 pm

that's was my former club...nice rite?
they got a few IT-savy members thats y so hap!!!
will try to be like that or better!!
Back to top Go down
icebear

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-21

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:07 am

suggest u do it ASAP bro.. migrate that is.. that way you lose less info, and the transition is less painful. the longer u wait, the more painful and more admin hassle (in terms of migrating useful information manually, e.g. copy and paste)
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:30 am

currently waiting for the webmaster to finalised stuffs
he's busy currently leh....having exams n proj
so once he's free will do the migrating liao
Back to top Go down
crusnik

crusnik

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-12-22

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm

hmm... seriously my view is that this is not a big community, yes we are growing but question is how big? merchandise, DnD, events can all be done whether here or any webby format... Is all effort worth it to migrate and find the same ppl here toking over there. Personally i dun see how the new website will benefit us other than more professional and more presentable...

BUT, this is juz my view, if you guys migrate, i will still go over...

Cheers,
Crusnik
Back to top Go down
strudel

strudel

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2007-12-20

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Well, I have been thru that before with www.toyotaclubsg.com. They start off with Delphiforum...as the member size grows by the day, it is necessary to have a proper "home" and proper management. This is why they decided that the club has been formally approved as a society by the Registry of Societies in 2004.

Do note that our regular meetup and gathering can be viewed as illegal gathering by the authories. A formal establishment will help in many ways to benefit it's members. Of course, by registering a domain and maintaining it will contribute costs and effort. Advertising columns will help to "cushion" such costs. To further enhance the club's establishment, we can also consider minimal membership fee payable by members for times like DnD and events.

A proper club establishment also helps when our representatives approach companies for group buys and negotiations...

These are just my 2cents worth of opinions...if you guys wanna know more about toyota club's history and why it decided to "legalise" it's club setup, checkout this link: http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/club_association/Motor_Club/?PostID=136750
Back to top Go down
*BC*

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-12-26

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:12 pm

I am pro with the migrating to another better 'home'...

1. Better control of our very own forum.
2. There is already a thread with all the regulars contact numbers, so there is no issue of any lost in memeber contacts with the migration. Just got to keep the active regular core members intact and the rest will just follow suit. In fact, many just register to post for their sale or just look see look see only. So, with a new domain, these people will again run a search for any new local car forums and they will be back here again. So no issue at all. In fact, IntegraSG had shifted home 3 times liao since we first started out at SHC. And thruout all these years, we do not encounter any lost in membership after each migration.
3. Advestiser fee is a good way to generate some revenue for the club which can be returned back to the members thru some events, like a simple bbq, buffet meal during the track day, or other club events like bowling or whatsoever. I think it is only fair that everyone got to pay to advertise for their products or services.
4. Moderators no need to get many. But got to make sure that u get the real dedicated ones. Best is those who will fight and bleed for the club. Hahaha... Just kidding. Just get a few who can really co-operated well, no lone ranger cos everyone must really work well like in a team. And everything will be turning out perfectly well for CTR forum. In fact, the mods had so far done a very good job here...

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 am

bro
u disappear where man...so long then appear again!
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 4:50 pm

all for migration?
Migrate it will be!
The site most prob will be up by this wkend so will slowly trf some of the stuffz over
Will keep u guys posted
Thanks
Back to top Go down
strudel

strudel

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2007-12-20

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:09 pm

can't wait for the new site to be up!!
Back to top Go down
eiji

eiji

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 pm

be sure to make my track folder!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 am

bro...
u and david will the track IC!!!!

and i guess we need to settle some issues....
with the new forum...i think its better that we do no post any products from wkshops and leave it to the merchants to post due to competition and price sensitivity....members sensitiveness...
as u can see what has hap over the past few weeks?
as merchants hav to pay a price to peddle their products, it up to them to maintain and peddle their stuffs...
and one more thing, can i be left out from moderating esp in the mods folder as i have a bias with certain workshops....not nice u see....got order sent to nuke me liao!!!!
hahaha
cheers
Back to top Go down
eiji

eiji

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:05 am

put me mod for mods folder lor. I think it is alright to post products, as long as its non promoting. If soliciting for support and business, then that has to be done via advertisements or PM. Like i said, when i post its purely as knowledge sharing, if its taken in that light it should be fine. Only when it becomes a form of soliciting or disguised advertisements.

I am a regular of a workshop, but i don't earn any money from them when pple ask me about their products, i chose my poisons but i always welcome all different makes and brands and sharing as well.

we can discuss more about this later on.

I don't want to be track IC lah, i just want a folder so can discuss and share tips. i am keen to learn more, got a lot to improve and i find a lot of my skillsets lacking.
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:14 am

roger point noted...
i understand ur postings have no hidden agenda...just only to induce more poisons to the rest of the pple here!!!!
so ok...some how we have finalized a few mods liao...
overall: admin, web master and me
mods: Eiji
track:POWER n BC??
meetups: who else....Alersea
leisure: prelude??
advertisments: caveman!

any suggestions or violent objections?

Last edited by lmc78 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P.O.W.E.R

P.O.W.E.R

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:57 am

What about official photographer and writer for events?
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:02 pm

writeup can ask CAVIE!!!
fotos we got many asipring photographers...
Back to top Go down
@cery

@cery

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-12-10

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 12:55 am

I don't mind volunteering for photos or even meet-ups.... cheers
Back to top Go down
lmc78

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 4:45 am

bro how abt mod the adverts? and part time fotographer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

suggestion needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestion needed!   suggestion needed! Empty

Back to top Go down

suggestion needed!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S'pore Honda Civic Type-R Club-
Jump to: